Welcome back to another weekly update from me. After doing
some general research both on the library database and the internet, I've come
up with my problem. My problem focuses on putting depression in a more public
view. I feel that many people never notice someone else's symptoms, and also
tend not to ask; especially with people they don't know. There are also
situations when someone who has depression won't notice that they do. We think
of depression as some lingering sadness, and, while can be true, it isn't
always the case. You may find that you are tired all the time, and all you want
to do is sleep. Depression can also trigger insomnia, forgetfulness, and an
inability to take pleasure in normal activities. According to Eve Wood, MD,
clinical associate professor of medicine at the University of Arizona, and
author of 10 Steps to Take Charge of Your Emotional Life, "Women often
say, 'I'm not depressed; I just don't care', but that indifference can signal
depression." It turns out that excessive fatigue, insomnia, and
joylessness can all be symptoms of depression. As subtle and confusing as signs
of depression can sometimes be, it's important to remember that depression is a
serious illness that can cramp lives, cast a shadow over families, and even
lead to suicide. Growing research has documented the serious and chronic
effects of depression on the human brain - effects that can make a person
susceptible to future incidents of depression. Depression knows no age, race,
gender, or life situation; it can affect the richest of us or the poorest. I
will discuss my problem with my teacher to make it more refined, but I would
love to hear what you guys think. Another update next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment